
I'm excited. MIT students proposed the idea (not long ago) and here it is in practice: clear solar cells. The innovation is novel. The price will still be out of most people's budgets, or at least I presume. The cells are only in the 9-10 efficiency rating.
The technology is progressing. More efficient solar cells are produced by many manufacturers, but innovation is being made. What does the concept of the clear solar cell mean? Well for one, the surface area that is used on cars or housing has just significantly increased. Commercial businesses, such as hotels could harness the power as well. I'm always excited when a new product opens the world to change. The social inertia of modern times has kept America stuck in the mud as far as energy goes. Nuclear power looks like the future, but society keeps a close watch on it; too much power can be dangerous!
No comments:
Post a Comment